Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the power to turn a life around.
– Leo Buscaglia
- Volunteer to teach - We need women sensitive to cultural differences with a desire to empower other women. No teaching experience needed, just a caring heart, the ability to adapt and your own transportation for two, one hour sessions per week.
- Invite us to speak at your parish or community organization meeting. We would enjoy sharing the stories of some of our students and how learning English has made a difference in their lives.
- Schnucks eScrip Community Cards to benefit IRWP are now available! Schnucks will contribute a percentage of your purchase to IRWP every time you shop and present your card to the cashier. Community Cards are available by calling our office at 314-771-1104. Customer Cards or eScrip Community Cards also available at any Schnucks location. For new cards picked up at Schnucks or if you already have a Community Card, you can add IRWP as your recipient group of choice (each card can benefit up to 3 participating organizations or schools) by visiting www.escrip.com/schnucks.jsp, clicking on the "Register Online Now" link, and choosing IRWP by entering Group ID # 500045367 or searching by name.
- Be a Trivia Night Sponsor or volunteer to help with our major fundraiser – Trivia Night. Or just plan to bring a table of friends!
- Host a fundraiser for the Immigrant & Refugee Women's Program. Have a couples’ wine and cheese party or a tea for your women friends.
- Donate supplies for our students and teachers to use in lessons:
- Washable markers or dry erase markers
- Magnetic dry erase boards
- Dry Erasers
- Spiral notebooks (wide ruled) for student homework and journals
- Index cards
- Copy paper
- New or used children or teen books for students to read to their children or for fun.
- Visit our Wish List on Amazon.com for extra items such as CD's and CD players for vocabulary practice, dictionaries, grammar books, and other supplies.
- Register for AmazonSmile by visitng smile.amazon.com. Select Immigrant & Refugee Women's Program as your charity. (If you don't see our name, type in 42-1696954.) Shop as usual and IRWP will automatically receive .5% of your purchases at no extra cost to you!
- Recycle used ink jet and laser cartridges, cell phones, MP3 players or digital camera donations and funds raised will support our program. Call us for more information on dropping items for recycling.
- Give a gift today. Visit our Giving Guide in the Donate section to see how your gift makes a difference.
- Become a Board Member - We need members with marketing, publicity, fundraising or organizational skills for 6-8 short meetings per year, and possible committee work that interests you and uses your expertise. Share your interest in cultural diversity, your human resource skills and your community contacts.