Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the power to turn a life around.
– Leo Buscaglia
- Become a Board Member - We need members with marketing, publicity, fundraising or organizational skills for 6-8 short meetings per year, and possible committee work that interests you and uses your expertise. Share your interest in cultural diversity, your human resource skills and your community contacts.
- Volunteer to teach - We need women sensitive to cultural differences with a desire to empower other women. No teaching experience needed, just a caring heart, the ability to adapt and your own transportation for two, one hour sessions per week.
- Be a Trivia Night Sponsor or volunteer to help with our major fundraiser – Trivia Night. Or just plan to bring a table of friends!
- Invite us to speak at your parish or community organization meeting. We would enjoy sharing the stories of some of our students and how learning English has made a difference in their lives.
- Host a fundraiser for the Immigrant & Refugee Women's Program. Have a couples’ wine and cheese party or a tea for your women friends.
- Donate supplies for our students and teachers to use in lessons:
- Washable markers or dry erase markers
- Magnetic dry erase boards
- Dry Erasers
- Spiral notebooks (wide ruled) for student homework and journals
- Index cards
- Copy paper
- New or used children or teen books for students to read to their children or for fun.
- Recycle used ink jet and laser cartridges, cell phones, MP3 players or digital camera donations and funds raised will support our program. Call us for more information on dropping items for recycling.
- Give a gift today. Visit our Giving Guide in the Donate section to see how your gift makes a difference.
- Rosemary Grove, a fair trade
gift shop, has partnered with
IRWP to raise funds for the
program. For every purchase
made through our link on the
Rosemary Grove website, or
for items bought in-store when you mention our name, IRWP
will receive 10% of the proceeds. Not only will our students
benefit, but you’ll also be supporting the empowerment of
the women and girls who craft these all fair-trade items. Visit
the Rosemary Grove shop at 101A W. Argonne Dr., Kirkwood,
MO 63122, or visit the website at www.rosemarygrove-online.com, click on the “Shop Globally & Give Locally” and “Find
Your Organization” links to shop to benefit IRWP.